Wednesday, September 14, 2011

There Is So Much More to See

     Recently we went hiking on the Big Horn Mountains here in Lovell and it was a blast! We had hiked down a trail and come to Porcupine Falls (the picture on the right), which I loved! After walking around for a while though we saw that we could climb up another trail that would give us a different perspective. After we climbed up to this point we saw that there was so much more to be seen (the picture below is taken from that point). It was cool to see the same place from two different perspectives, both of which were gorgeous. I wouldn't say one view was better than the other or that one took away from the other. Instead it allowed me to see things that I may have otherwise missed out on. That's exactly how I feel about the Bible and The Book of Mormon.
     During our hike we had seen one beautiful perspective but that didn't mean it was the only one to be seen. In 2 Nephi 29:7-8 we read, "Know ye not that there are more nations than one?...Wherefore murmur ye, because that ye shall receive more of my word? Know ye not that the testimony of two nations is a witness unto you that I am God, that I remember one nation like unto another? Wherefore, I speak the same words unto one nation like unto another."
     The Bible is great and I love reading its words. I also love to read more of God's word in The Book of Mormon. I love to compare and see how both offer a new insight or perspective. One doesn't take away from the other but they work together hand in hand. So give The Book of Mormon a try and see how it can build your faith in Christ just as the Bible has. As you read from its pages you will find that there is so much more to see!

1 comment:

  1. I love this analogy of seeing the same thing from different perspectives. You are so wise! Have a very happy day!

    Linde Huntsman

    ReplyDelete