Thursday, September 22, 2011

The More You Feed It, The More It Will Grow

     The other day we were walking around when we saw a guy that was carrying an albino burmese python, basically a big snake for those that aren't familiar with reptiles. I was way excited to see it seeing as my brothers and I had many pet snakes at home. Well I got talking to Elder Bond a bit about the snakes we had and how we took care of them, etc. One thing that came up was how much to feed them and how it related to their growth. With snakes, as with most anything living I would guess, the more you feed it, the more it will grow. If you were to feed a snake less than it really needed, hoping it could get by on that amount, its growth would come along very slowly, if at all. It would be foolish to believe that a snake, or anything else, would grow if you didn't give it the proper nurtrition that it required. Later it clicked in my head what this meant in relationship to all of us spiritually.
     Often times we try to make our faith grow while only feeding it when it is convenient, which in my experience, is hardly ever. This occasional nourishment will not do the job. If you truly want your faith to grow you must feed it more. You must "feast upon the word" (2 Nephi 32:3) and "pray always" (2 Nephi 32:8). If you do these things I can promise that you will see your faith grow. And just as with the snake, the more you feed it, the more it will grow!

1 comment:

  1. I love that analogy and must admit I am much better at feeding my faith than feeding a snake :o) You look so happy and we are so grateful you are!

    Linde Huntsman and family

    ReplyDelete