Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Take Advantage of the Blessings Available to You

     During this time of year in Wyoming we get a fair amount of mosquitos and they drive me nuts. I have never really liked them and I don't think I ever will. As we got home the other night I was thinking about those nasty bugs and on my desk was a bottle of permethrin, an insect repellent that we had been given to protect ourselves from the mosquitos and other bugs. I thought to myself, "You have what you need to avoid the mosquitos, you just have to use it!!" And then it hit me...
     To be able to avoid the mosquitos would be considered a blessing to me and if I would use the tools, like permethrin, that I had been given then I could have experienced the blessings of no mosquito bites.
As followers of Christ, our Heavenly Father has given us many good tools to help us experience the full blessings of this life. Some of these tools include the scriptures and prayer just to name a few, but how often do we leave those tools unused and then miss out on those blessings available to us.
Would you want to get bit by mosquitos if you could avoid it so easily?  I wouldn't! So why not use the spiritual tools we have and see the blessings that come from taking advantage of them.
Use those spiritual tools you have been given, such as prayer, and experience the happiness that comes through following Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment