Thursday, May 26, 2011

Huntsman Family Motto

Most of my family (my sister, brother-in-law,
sister-in-law, and neice are missing though).

    
     Growing up I thought that this was the most lame thing ever! I didn't get why we would have a "family motto". My parents would make us say it regularly and it drove me nuts for some reason but over time it stuck with me and I can still remember it. This is how it goes-
     "I will honor and respect the Huntsman name which means:
H is for happiness. (We are a happy family.)
U is for united as a family. (We work together.)
N is for noble. (We have high moral principles.)
T is for trustworthy. (A Huntsman can be trusted.)
S is for sealed in the temple. (Married in the temple for eternity.)
M is for missionary minded. (We share the gospel of Jesus Christ!)
A is for ambitious. (We have a desire to succeed.)
N is for Never A Better Family!" (There isn't a better family! At least for me.)    
     Looking back I'm grateful to remember this and it makes me want to better represent my family's name. Family is so important and I don't know what I would do without them. Take the time to appreciate your family this day and let them know how much you love them!

No comments:

Post a Comment