Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Can Ye Feel So Now?

     The other day I read a scripture that just seemed to hit me. It comes from the Book of Mormon in Alma 5:26:
"And now behold, I say unto you, my brethren, if ye have experienced a change of heart, and if ye have felt to sing the song of redeeming love, I would ask, can ye feel so now?"
     At one point or another most of you have experienced your personal conversion and I'm sure it was great for you! You could probably feel of the Savior's love for you and you knew that he was there, but over time that can wear off and that's where this scripture comes into the picture. If you have felt the Savior's love and "experienced a change of heart", can you feel that now? If you can't feel that anymore I have a few ideas to help.
     1. Read the scriptures- Throughout the scriptures we read of Christ and we know of his love for us. Reading about Christ in the scriptures is a great way to feel that again.
     2. Pray- Communicating with your Father in Heaven is a great way to experience his love because as you pray, you also receive answers. Prayer has often helped me feel of the Savior's love.
     3. Be Grateful- Take the time to count your blessings and you will see just how much your Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ love you. You will begin to see all of the blessings you receive from them and I promise, they are many!
     So if you have felt the love of your Savior ask yourself, "can I feel so now?" If not, or even if you just want to feel it more in your life, take the time to do these things and see what a difference they can make in your life. I know they have made a great difference in mine! I know that our Savior, Jesus Christ, lives and loves us.
    

No comments:

Post a Comment